CLASS 10TH MATHEMATICS QUESTIONS
- A circus artist is climbing a 20 m long rope, which is tightly stretched and tied from the top of a vertical pole to the ground. Find the height of the pole, if the angle made by the rope with the ground level is 30°.
- From the top of a 7 m high building, the angle of elevation of the top of a cable tower is 60° and the angle of depression of its foot is 45°. Determine the height of the tower.
- The angle of elevation of the top of a hill at the foot of a tower is 60° and the angle of elevation of the top of the tower from the foot of the hill is 30°. If the tower is 50 m high, what is the height of the hill?
- There is a small island in the middle of a 100 m wide river and a tall tree stands on the island. P and Q are the points directly opposite to each other on the two banks, and in a line with the tree. If the angles of elevation of the top of the tree from P and Q are 30° and 45° respectively, find the height of the tree.
- A tower subtends an angle α at a point A in the place of its base and the angle of depression of the foot of the tower at a point b ft. just above A is β. Prove that the height of the tower is b tan α cot β.
- A straight highway leads to the foot of a tower. A man standing at the top of the tower observes a car at an angle of depression of 30°, which is approaching the foot of the tower at a uniform speed. Six seconds later, the angle of depression of the car is found to be 60°. Find the time taken by the car to reach the foot of the tower from this point.
- The shadow of a tower standing on level ground is found to be 40 m longer when the Sun’s altitude is 30° than when it is 60°. Find the height of the tower.
- Two poles of equal heights are standing opposite each other on either side of the road, which is 80 m wide. From a point between them on the road, the angles of elevation of the top of the poles are 60° and 30°, respectively. Find the height of the poles and the distances of the point from the poles.
- An observer 1.5 metres tall is 20.5 metres away from a tower 22 metres high. Determine the angle of elevation of the top of the tower from the eye of the observer.
- The ratio of the height of a tower and length of its shadow on the ground is √3 : 1 what is the angle of elevation of the sun ?
- From the top of a 25 m high cliff, the angle of elevation of a tower is found to be equal to the angle of depression of the foot of the tower. Find height of the tower.
What Will You Learn?
- This test is to make you understand that how you should have to approach towards a question if they asked from the chapter some applications of trigonometry.
- After completing this test you will get a complete knowledge how to tackle the questions from some applications of trigonometry.
SOME APPLICATIONS OF TRIGONOMETRY
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet